It has been a week since we live in 2012, and I did not make a writing resolution yet. Actually, I never publicized my resolution. But I have learned that it is hard to achieve any goal when you just keep it for yourself. So, I am going to put it in writing on the Internet, therefore I will face public humiliation when I give up 🙂 Okay, this is nine wonderful things that I am going to accomplish in 2012:
- Publish two thriller novels via traditional publisher(s).
- Sharpen my writing skill by reading the good ones, be from a popular or unpopular author.
- Grow Warungfiksi.net’s traffic twice.
- Get more clients for Warung Fiksi’s service.
- Develop and maintain another professional web of my passion.
- Restart the habit of write for traditional media.
- Work out routinely for the sake of my health of body and soul.
- Get more religious in everyday life.
- Spend more quality time with family and friends. We are a writer, not a hermit. And I want to be a good husband, anyway.
Look, those are not turgid. I believe I can walk them all this year. But I am naïf (or cocky) if I say it’s a piece of cake. I can fail, like we all do. All I know is, I am right now constantly trying to reach those. Or else, my life is falling to boredom in this beautiful 2012.